MSDyn365 Internals: Merge Permissions

The ability to merge records is a powerful one in keeping control of your data quality within PowerApps / D365. It can also be deceptively complex. As we’ve been living & breathing this area of the platform for several years during the development of data8 duplicare, we’ve seen a lot of unexpected things show up when merging particular records. To help understand why you might get an error when merging, I’ve tried to “deconstruct” the merge process below.

Continue reading “MSDyn365 Internals: Merge Permissions”

MSDyn365 Internals: Plugin Execution Depth and v9

If you’ve been working with plugins in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for a while, you’ve probably come across the IExecutionContext.Depth property. This tells your plugin how deep in a call stack of plugins it is. A depth of 1 means it is being triggered by a direct user action, e.g. updating a record. If that plugin does something that triggers another plugin, that plugin will have a depth of 2, and so on.

Continue reading “MSDyn365 Internals: Plugin Execution Depth and v9”

Blood Glucose Alerts with Microsoft Flow and Nightscout

As my son has Type 1 Diabetes (T1D), we use Nightscout to keep track of his blood glucose levels. With T1D it’s important to keep those levels in quite a tight range, so we use a few different apps to alert us when it’s going out of range. As I’ve started looking into Microsoft Flow, I thought it would be a good scenario to work through – take the readings that are stored in Nightscout and generate alerts on my phone when something’s going wrong.

Continue reading “Blood Glucose Alerts with Microsoft Flow and Nightscout”

MSDyn365 Internals: QualifyLead

One thing I love digging into with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is all the “special” actions. Although just about any entity type can be used with Create, Update, Retrieve etc., there are a lot of other actions that do more specialised jobs, and QualifyLead is a great one of these.

Continue reading “MSDyn365 Internals: QualifyLead”

FetchXML Builder WebAPI Support

MSDyn365 MVP Jonas Rapp threw down a challenge on Twitter last week:

Continue reading “FetchXML Builder WebAPI Support”

Diagnosing Azure Batch Pool Scaling Timeout

As I wrote about recently, I’ve started using Azure Batch to run OpenAPS Autotune jobs for AutotuneWeb. The other day however, I started a job of my own and got a notification that my job was 48th in the queue. Either the service has suddenly got really popular, or something’s gone wrong.

Continue reading “Diagnosing Azure Batch Pool Scaling Timeout”