Thanks to the feedback from Arjun Musuvathy I’ve just released version 1.0.2 of my Security Debugger tool for XrmToolBox. Install it free from the XrmToolBox tool store!
The main updates in this release are:
- Improved business unit handling. When the tool suggests possible security roles to add or modify to resolve an error, it takes into account the business unit of the user that is affected by the error. Previously these suggestions would only work for users in the root business unit.
- Additional error message handling. The tool can now understand an additional format of error message that tends to be shown when a permissions error is encountered that’s not related to a particular record, e.g. when performing administrative operations.
- Current user identification. If the error message relates to the user running the tool, it now does not suggest possible fixes as a user cannot increase their own security privileges. Instead it recommends them to have a system administrator run the tool on their behalf.
- Fixed user interface issues. The tool would occasionally lock up while processing, which is now fixed.
- Error reporting. If the tool encounters an error while trying to apply one of the suggested fixes, it now shows the details of the error rather than appearing to succeed.
I hope you find these updates useful! If you’ve already got the tool installed you should be prompted to update the next time you run it, otherwise please install it from the tool store in XrmToolBox under the Configuration > Tool Library menu option.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ If the tool has helped you out, please rate it on the XrmToolBox website!