I received a notification today that the preview TDS endpoint had been disabled on my environment because of a security vulnerability.
One of the things that really attracts me to the D365 platform is its metadata capabilities. As an ISV we make a lot of use of this at Data8, making sure our solutions automatically adapt to the customizations that each customer has made in their own system. There are a few different ways to access […]
I’m pleased to release the latest update for SQL 4 CDS today! For this update I’ve focused on common problems I’ve seen people encounter with their queries from my telemetry. These updates should either mean that more queries can be executed immediately, or the error message is more descriptive to help solve common errors.
I’ve been doing some work today on filtering multi-select optionset fields in SQL 4 CDS and using the T-SQL endpoint, and I came across a few interesting quirks.
One great option in FetchXML is to filter dates using a relative filter such as “this week”, “older than 2 years” etc. This is particularly helpful when you build a view, as it will automatically build the date criteria each time so your view is always up to date.
Matt Beard & I spent some time investigating the new asynchronous merging functionality today and how it impacts Data8 Duplicare (it doesn’t, Duplicare continues to work as normal). If you haven’t seen this already, when you merge two records you’ll now see the message: The selected records will be merged in the background while you […]
I wrote a post a while ago looking at the performance of the T-SQL endpoint compared to using FetchXML. Now I’ve got a better understanding of how it works, I wanted to check if the same performance considerations I’ve previously encountered when working with the filtered views on-premise still apply.
Disclaimer: the details in this post are based on the best guesses I’ve been able to make about how this works, which are derived from the behaviour I’ve seen while using it. I don’t have any official information on any of this, so use at your own risk!
After getting over my initial authentication problems, my next adventure with PCF was to show some details from a lookup field in a dataset-bound control. With a dataset control, the manifest file can contain mappings for the attributes in the dataset that will be shown in the control, e.g.
After working with PCF during the initial private preview, I haven’t had a chance to use it in anger. Until today. And it didn’t go smoothly. It started well. I installed the CLI tooling, got a new template control ready to go with pac pcf init and connected to CDS with pac auth create. Next […]